Azure SQL is a cloud native and fully managed database management system (DBMS) from Azure, running the latest stable version of SQL Server Database. Guzzle leverages Apache Spark connector: SQL Server & Azure SQL which is a high performance connector to read and write from Azure SQL and SQL Server.
The connector can be used for SQL databases, on-premises or in the cloud (both Azure SQL and SQL Server Managed Instance), as an input data source or output data sink for Spark jobs.
- Click on the action button () from the Datastores section in Left Navigation and select Azure SQL connector. Alternatively user can launch from Create New Datastore link in Activity authoring UI or Copy Data tool
Enter the Datastore name for the new datastore and click Ok
Update the connection name or leave the default. You can refer to Connection and Environments for more details
Enter the connection details properties as described below:
|Database URL||JDBC URL for connecting to SQL server.|
Users can find URL from Azure portal it will be in this form jdbc:sqlserver://:1433database=;user=;password=;encrypt=true;
Example:jdbc:sqlserver://< sql server name >
The URL can optionally contain database name, user name and other connection properties.For specify URL the following options are available:
1. Manual: Provide URL directly
2. Azure Key Vault: To use Azure key vault feature user have to integrate Key Vault with Guzzle for that visit here. Give value of the key vault name and secret name where URL is stored in Azure Key Vault instance.
|Database||Database name of the SQL Server (this property can be skipped if it's specified as part of Database URL)||yes|
|Username||Username of SQL server||yes|
|Password||Password to connect to SQL server.|
For specify password the following options are available:
1. Manual: Provide password directly.
2. Azure Key Vault: To use Azure key vault feature user have to integrate Key Vault with Guzzle for that visit here. Give value of the key vault name and secret name where password is stored in Azure Key Vault instance.